The following are the football (soccer) events of the year 1905 throughout the world.
- Leeds City F.C. admitted to the English Football League.
- On February 21, Alf Common becomes the first player to be transferred for a fee of £1,000 (a 2011 equivalent of roughly £95,000), in a transfer from Sunderland A.F.C. to Middlesbrough F.C.
Clubs formed in 1905
- Charlton Athletic Football Club
- Crystal Palace Football Club
- Chelsea Football Club
- Club Atletico Boca Juniors
- Galatasaray SK - Turkey
- Sport Club do Recife - Brazil
Winners club national championship
- Germany: Union 92 Berlin
- Scotland: For fuller coverage see: 1904-05 in Scottish football
- 1905 British Home Championship (February 25 – April 8, 1905)
- January 18 – Enrique Ballesteros, Uruguayan footballer
- May 11 – Pedro Petrone, Uruguayan footballer
- September 25 – Aurelio González (Paraguayan footballer)
- September 26 – Karl Rappan, Austrian footballer and manager
- October 16 – Ernst Kuzorra (German footballer)
- April 9 - Morris Bates, 40, former Nottingham Forest player and founding member of Woolwich Arsenal FC, tuberculosis.